Director Rohit Shetty’s latest comedy movie Bol Bachchan starring Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan and Asin in leads, has finally crossed Rs 100 crore mark at the Indian Box Office in its third week of release. The film has raked in Rs 100.26 crore nett at the collection centres in the country in 20 days. Bol Bachchan opened to an overwhelming response and collected Rs 66.72 crores at the domestic Box Office in the first week. Made on a budget of Rs. 70 crores, this is Rohit Shetty’s third film after ‘Singham’ and ‘Golmaal 3′ to have crossed the 100 crore mark!
- It is an official remake of the 1979 comedy film, Golmaal by Hrishikesh Mukherjee
- Veteran actor Utpal Dutt’s iconic character in Gomaal in missing in Bol Bachchan
- Director Rohit Shetty wanted Actress Asin, who lost lots of weight during Housefull 2, to gain weight and look ‘Healthy’ on screen. During the film’s shoot in Jaipur, he would often order a huge ‘Thali’ (A meal served with a great variety of items in small quantities) for her to eat.
- Abhishek Bachchan played a double role for the first time in his career.
- Hollywood super hero movie ‘Amazing Spider Man’ was rescheduled to June 29th, 2012 as its original release date (3rd July) was close to Bol Bachchan’s release date.
- Asin was roped in for the first female lead after Bipasha Basu rejected the role. Prior to that actress Genelia D’Souza was signed to play the second female lead, but due to her differences with the makers, she opted out of the project and the role went to Prachi Desai.